Wednesday 23 June 2010

The Beginning. 95 Penny Coins.

Hello Bloggers! gay. I've always wanted to say that, dunno why, it hasnt really met up to my expectations if i'm honest. but its done now, no going back. well this is going well so far. yes i thought id start a blog, because basically im in my third year of university, studying to become an actor and its the end of my final term and im broke. so i thought a way to cure the problem of being sat in my pink room all day (yes pink) would be to blog. so im blogging. Im so broke that today i raided my copper jar in order to pay for a packet of pringles, so ended up paying 95p in pennys at the self service till in tescos express. I didnt make any new friends today. a man shouted "for fucks sake", which i assume isn't a new hip term of endearment. well theres no assumptions about it. he was pissed off. and he had a beard and a Gillet on, which made it all the more threatening. so i inserted coins with all the more vigour. i half expected a round of applause when i finally and triumphantly picked up my pringles and not forgetting the receipt, minced out of the store with a huge queue of angry Gillet wearing men with beards in my wake.what a rush. Thats how sad its got. that was a rush. I always find supermarkets packed with subliminal messages, like for example the signs in the queue line that say "Youre Next" with an arrow pointing towards the man at the checkout, who more often than not is quite frightening. Its very forboding to know that "Youre next" to recieve whatever service this man in a chequered blue tabard is going to render. I bought a duck wrap the other day from the co-op and the lettuce in it was frozen. the fridge was on too high. so i had aromatic duck with frozen bloody lettuce. thats not so much a great story, it just occurred to me as i was talking about men in tabards. And also the security guards at tescos are always shit. The one in there today was walking about the aisles witha grin like a crackhead waving a flag. no word of a lie. he was waving a flag. not very handy to stop a sneaky Aisle 6 rape. Or a Grocery Dept Happy Slap. by the time hes saluted his flag like a good girl guide the vagabond would have surely scarpered. Bounder. So yeah. Im wary of supermarkets. i dont dislike them, im just wary. But one has to go there to shop. I dont like doing Week shops. my mum calls them that. Week shops. they never last a week and I end up going in and coming out with ridiculous items. I went in once and came out with one of those weird lindt bunny teddy bears with a bell round its neck. And that was all. It would have been excusable except i spent my last £2.80 on it about two years ago and i went in to buy bread, or something to LIVE ON for the last week and a half of that term. YOU CAN'T LIVE ON FELT. Not that i tried to eat it, but it was an assumption that i made. An informed decision if you like. Informed by medicine and shizz and general common sense. Anyway. you see i can ramble. thats enough for this chapter (i want to say blog instead of chapter, but didnt want to insult hardcore bloggers if i got it wrong..."Fucking retard, who does he think he is, first entry and hes creating lingo" that was the hardcore bloggers by the way...). so yeah. i hope this is the beginning of something beautiful. like the perfect foetus at the first scan. an ideal embryo. Peace out. Dave x

1 comment:

  1. Reading that was actually the most productive part of my day. I can so relate to your brokeness, that's why I'm home. No wads for us at the moment. miss u mate. Adam x

    ReplyDelete